Friday, January 9, 2015

Walking Breaks


"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must."

I'm not sure who to credit this quote to, but it holds a lot of truth.  I've been forced to walk through several injuries, but I've learned to heed my body's warnings a little better than I used to.  Tonight was definitely a "walk" night.  I somehow ended up with a bruised quad Tuesday night after taekwondo class.  I ended up walking my mile the next day, as my leg was really hurting.  And after class last night, I decided to see if I could handle a run.  I made it through alright wearing a knee sleeve, but it probably would have been wiser, to just take it easy.  

Tonight I was back to a walk.  I can tell that it is finally starting to heal a little, so I'm hoping that by tomorrow, after a good solid night's sleep, that I'll be back to running again.  This walking stuff takes FOREVER.  But better to walk than crawl!


No comments:

Post a Comment