Sunday, January 18, 2015

Continuous Speed Increases

Sometimes, when I train on the treadmill, I do different things to break up the monotony.  Like slowly increasing speed each quarter to half of a mile.  

Tonight I ran on a 2.0 incline (which is my normal incline when I run on the "mill), and I started out at 5 mph.   At the half mile mark I moved the speed up to 5.3.  At the mile mark I moved up to 5.5 mph.  At the 1.5 mile mark, I moved up to 5.8 and at the 2 mile mark I moved up to 6 mph.  At the 2.5 mark I jumped up to 6.5 mph and at the 2.75 mile mark I jumped on up to 7 mph to finish off.  

It's nice to break things up now and again.  Next week, I'll switch to doing more interval training.  And tomorrow is a much needed "off" day.  I'm going to see if I can squeeze it in early, while I'm still half asleep, so my body doesn't know what's going on.  

3 miles this evening for Fish and Cam!  Thanks for cheering me on guys!  Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment