Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Hoka Stinson


"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."  ~ John Bingham



After running for several years with the Nike Pegasus series, I finally switched over to the Saucony Kinvara 3.  I dearly loved those shoes.  Bright pretty colors.  Comfortable.  I completely wore them out after over 1200 miles . . . when they were slotted for closer to 400.  Since I liked them so well, I decided to stay with that particular series and moved into the Saucony Kinvara 4.  I didn't have as good a luck as I had with the Kinvara 3 . . . but I stuck it out through blisters and discomfort.

About a month before my marathon in November, I decided it was time to break in something new, as I'd finally reached my mileage limit on the Kinvara 4's.  So a friend told me to give the Hoka's a try.  I tried out a few different varieties . . . and ended up with the Stinson. 

What a difference one pair of shoes can make.  As ugly and clunky as these bad boys are . . . I wouldn't trade them for anything.  Not even a new pair of Kinvara 3's.  They took me through my first marathon  . . . and a couple hundred miles of training.  And they are wonderful.  Very cushiony, and not as heavy as they look.

Make sure when you start a running program to try out several different types and styles of running shoes.  It may be an inconvenience, but in the long run, it can make ALL the difference.

**********************

Fish man and Cameron . . . you guys helped me make it through another 4.2 miles for my 42nd birthday!  You are both ROCK STARS!  Love you bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment