Monday, January 19, 2015

Perseverence

Life is not always kind to the runner.  Most runners work and have families to care for.  And sometimes that means either skipping a run . . . or doing completely insane things like walking or running on the treadmill after everyone has gone to bed, or at 4:00 a.m., just to keep the streak alive.

After a full day of shopping and logging a minimum of 5 miles wandering the mall with my 11 year old daughter and 12 year old niece, the last thing I wanted to do on my "rest" day was hop on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  But I did it anyway.  

And that is something I won't regret.  Chowing down on cheeseburgers, fries and potato chips all day . . . that's a whole other story.

Walked a mile tonight, while I ate dinner.  Still hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment