Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Taekwondo and Running

Taekwondo works completely different muscles than running.  And more often than not, I come away battered, bruised and limping.  I'm not 18 anymore.  My flexibility and agility have flown the coop and the only thing keeping me sparring away, is that I'm just shy of my black belt.  

Taekwondo and running are pretty much like oil and water.  Or at least that's how I find them to be with me.  I've gotten more "running" injuries from taekwondo than from actually running.  But it's a great way to keep in shape and work those other muscles.  The ones that you neglect when you are a runner.  And the sparring is fun.  But learning and remembering forms taxes my brain.

I really need to come up with some other type of cross training.  Maybe something like biking or kayaking . . .

3 miles after class tonight!  I figured taekwondo was enough of a warm up for me tonight since I'm running late.




No comments:

Post a Comment